Saturday, August 27, 2011

August is the Color of Red~~A Photo Essay

One thing you can count on in life is that Texas in August will be mind-numbing hot.  I ought to know.  I live in San Antonio, the home of record-breaking triple digits in the month of August.  Sweat is my uncomfortable companion.  Air-conditioning, in any form, is my friend.

 #########################################################

When I think of August, I can't help but visualize the color RED.  Like a live volcano, it spews heat.  It pulses.  It glows.  It has a life of its own. 

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My photo essay is a collection of photographs that I have taken over the past two years.  The settings range from small to large in places near and far.  I've examined the color RED.  What do you think of when you see red?

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

THE  COLOR ~~  RED !

Red is a festive mosaic on water.
Red is a cosmic light dance.
  
Red marks an emergency.

Red is a gift on the back porch.

Red is a stolen treat.

Red is a high-flying circus act.

Red is a naughty kiss in disguise.

Red rolls out like a pulsing drum beat.

Red is a wheel that goes round and round.

Red ~~ a whirling and dizzying carousel.

Red is nature's velvet and a perfumed promise.

Red is a mysterious treasure.

Red decorates with warmth and reassurance.

Red tells a story.
 

Red is sizzle and razzle-dazzle!




Happy Labor Day and an end to our Hot Summer!!

Think COOL!  Think RAIN!

~~Cindy~~


No comments:

Post a Comment