Monday, September 12, 2011

Birds of a Feather . . . Recent Paintings of Birds

Desert Cardinal

Autumn Song Sparrow

Red-Plumed Cardinal


Birds of a Feather Flock Together
~~Paintings by Cindy Morawski~~



One of the best parts of my day happens to be in the morning.  I like to watch the birds come to the bird feeder outside my kitchen window.  While I'm waking up with a cozy cup of coffee, I view a whole cast of bird characters flitting from my front yard's white picket fence to the red bird feeder.  I hung that offering to the local birds after Paul and I first moved into our home on Waldon Heights.  With this severe drought in South Texas, the birds have had a hard time.  I try to not only provide some seed nourishment, but I also offer them water in our bird bath and front fountain.  They repay me daily.  I enjoy their antics, songs, and liveliness. 


Painting birds encourages me take a good look at them.  When I study them before and while I paint them, I notice details that I wouldn't ordinarily see.  They make for colorful subjects.  One of my all-time favorite birds, even since childhood, has been the cardinal.  There are a variety of cardinals in the United States.  Their song and crimson color help them get noticed and appreciated.  Another bird favorite for me is the sparrow.  Again, like the cardinal, there are many varieties.  I decided to paint the song sparrow with an autumn background because my favorite season is in the Fall; I'd like to think that the sparrow's song announces this wonderful season in nature.   


Art Cards and Prints are available for all three paintings.  The originals are also for sale.  Please check out my website for more information.  Thanks. 


Happy Bird Watching!
~~Cindy~~  

www.cindymorawski.com

No comments:

Post a Comment