Sunday, January 1, 2012

Brave New World of 2012

Dance of the Northern Lights
~~painting by Cindy Morawski


Brave New World

Hope and Resolve, Thinking about the New Year
 by Cindy Morawski


When looking at a brand new year, I have a choice.  I can see with or without my glasses.  I'm choosing to use my glasses.  I like the idea of looking under the hood before I buy a car.  I need to read the labels of the cans in the grocery store.  I just have to re-check the almost hidden price tag on the department store shelf.  I am a woman who wants to know.  I feel compelled to question, to discuss, to understand. 

Another journey into time.  2012.  Time does seem to go faster as I get older, but one of my resolutions this year is to slow down and be present.  To appreciate what's around me.  Moments come and go.  I hope to capture some of those moments and frame them in my mind.  Maybe, just maybe, they will rewire my brain into something that will enlighten me.  Improve me.  Hope and resolve can be like that. 

I wish you HOPE for the New Year.  I wish you the motivation and desire to make your world a better one.  I resolve to change my world.  One word, one painting, one smile, one hug, one step at a time. 



HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!


~~Cindy



Cindy Morawski










No comments:

Post a Comment