Thursday, October 11, 2012

On the Road Again~~Painting and Traveling along Life's Highway


On the Road Again

by Cindy Morawski

Sunrise Commute, SA's Loop 410
Whether it's for work or pleasure, driving is a natural part of my lifestyle.  Traffic when I'm going to work.  Scenery when I'm going on vacation.  It's all a matter of time and perspective.   

Early Evening on River Road, Wimberley, Texas
I have never had to imagine a life without a car.  It's a part of me, like my arm or leg.  I learned to drive when I was a kid on my family's farm.  I had to help out by driving the tractor as soon as I could reach the pedal.  Before I had my official license in hand, I had already clocked a lot of miles on our farm's tractor and pick-up.  

                                                   
 
Last July, Paul and I visited my family in Pennsylvania, and then we headed by car onto one of the scenic backroads of the northern part of the state, Rte. 6.  It's known for its great landscapes, like the PA Grand Canyon in Wellsboro, and for its diners along the way.  We both enjoyed the Wellsboro Diner.  They had delicious blackberry pie and great coffee.   Wellsboro Diner, (Painting on right)                                             
 
 
 
One last painting for the road . . . this one offers my view of I-10 West on the way to Comfort, so naturally, I entitled it On the Road to Comfort.  I love the sights going West into the Texas Hill Country.  Comfort is one of those stops along the way that can be full of surprises.  Wonderful shops, like the Comfort Crockery, and dining treasures too.  One of my personal favorites is a place called the Front Street Tearoom.  It's a cozy converted house with bright green paint on the outside and a trip to the past on the inside.  You'll be greeted by friendly staff and a menu which features a wonderful variety of teas, along with soups and sandwiches that will leave your tastebuds happy.  The decor features antique furniture, and of course, a collection of teapots for every occasion.   
 
 
No matter where you're headed this Fall, I wish you safe travels and happy trails!  Hope all your roads lead to good things . . .

 

 



 

 
 
Fall Art Shows coming up!
 
**You're invited to the 2012 THCI!  I'll be a part of it this year, October 19--21st.  It's a juried art show in the Texas Hill Country~~Boerne, Texas.  You can also learn more about it at this link:  www.boerneprofessionalartists.com
 
 
**Another special art show for me this month is the Texas Pastel Society's 2nd Biennual National Juried Show.  The exhibit runs from October 19 through November 2nd, at Art Incorporated, 9401 San Pedro, San Antonio.  More information can be found at www.texaspastelsociety.blogspot.com
 
Both art shows offer a variety of original and beautiful artwork, and all of it is available for purchase.  Hope you'll check out my shows this month!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment