Monday, June 8, 2009

Land of Enchantment




New Mexico boasts on its license plates that it is the Land of Enchantment. Since a recent visit to Santa Fe, Taos, and Albuquerque, I can enthusiastically second that motion. I attended an international pastel art conference May 28 - 31 in New Mexico and had many opportunities for growth and fun. One of the highlights was getting to paint with Anne Heywood. I entitled my painting: "Soliloquy." Other classes I enjoyed were Richard McKinley's "Underpainting" and Duane Wakeham's "Creating Stronger Paintings." Thursday's activities kicked off the IAPS Convention with an Australian portrait painters demo and a paint-around that showed off some of the country's finest artists! I can say for sure that one of the best things I took away from New Mexico was inspiration.




The Texas Pastel Society had another festive and successful art reception last Thursday, June 4th at Coppini for the All Members Show. The gallery will also be open June 19 - 21 to exhibit San Antonio's pastelists' paintings. Admission is free. Hope you come to check it out. Coppini is located at 115 Melrose Place, San Antonio. See our website for more info: http://www.texaspastelsociety.com/.




Tune in to KLRN's Blazing Saddles Auction tonight, June 8th from 6 to 9 pm and you'll see two of my paintings getting auctioned off through the Texas Pastel Society's auction board. Look for me when the camera zooms in on the volunteers answering the phones. I'll wave at you! One of my paintings is entitled "Camelback in Scottsdale." Put in a bid and you'll help the art community and our local public television.






No comments:

Post a Comment