Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A Painted Tribute to Clementine

Clementine loved two things passionately in life-- Costco's Chicken Strips and her daily walks in our neighborhood greenbelt. I rescued her 13 years ago, but in turn, she did the same for me. She taught me all about loyalty, affection, and companionship. Clem was one of those dogs that could look you right in the eye, and then get her way no matter what. On April 23rd, she passed away after losing her battle with cancer. I've been feeling pretty sad about her not being around so I decided to paint her in a way of giving her a tribute. I had a lot of reference photos that I'd taken on holidays, vacations, and so on. I sketched her in the outdoors because that was where she felt the most at ease. I placed her in grass because another one of her favorite things to do was roll in our yard's grass. She would make it look so fun that I felt like rolling around with her. I also gave her a sky big enough to walk into. Now that my painting is finished, all I want to say is this: Clem, I won't forget you, girl. Hope you're now running through fields of tall, cool grass in your final resting place.




No comments:

Post a Comment