Tuesday, June 15, 2010

New Mountain Landscape: "Smoky Mountain Retreat"

Smoky Mountain Retreat
by Cindy Morawski
**********************************************

It's June and vacation time. For me, summer vacations are all about heading to somewhere cool, like in the hills or mountains. My recent landscape painting is dedicated to the Smokies and all things cool!

______________________________________________

Please tell me about your summer vacation. I'll live vicariously through you. With limited funds this summer, I won't be heading to the mountains unless it's in my imagination. Whew!

________________________________________________

And, speaking of mountains, I read a book this month about a couple who had an adventure mountain climbing in Africa. It's called A Change in Altitude by Anita Shreve. I've read all her books, and this one's her latest. I like mountain resorts and hiking in the mountains, but my idea of mountain climbing would not involve lots of equipment, expensive guides, and elevations over 9000 feet. Risking my life to say I reached the summit. No thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Trails!

~~Cindy


No comments:

Post a Comment