Monday, June 28, 2010

What Texas Means to Me, new Austin juried art show

Almost Home, a Texas Landscape Painting by Cindy Morawski

Checking out Mother's Vegetarian Cafe while in Austin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keeping it weird! If I ever go missing, and I end up in the Witness Protection Program, psssst! just between you and me . . . I'm headin' to Austin! Everytime I visit our capital city, I feel like I'm almost home, just like in the title of my recent Texas landscape. That town feels like a well-worn pair of jeans that fit just right. Boy howdy!
*********************************************************************************************
I drove to Austin today to drop off my painting at the Austin Art Space Gallery. I found out on June 11th that I was accepted into a juried show judged by master painter, Phillip Wade. My painting was one of the 39 out of over 150 works of art from all over the country and world that made it into the show. I'm about ready to do a cartwheel; I'm so excited!
*********************************************************************************************
The exhibit starts July 2nd and runs through August 28th this summer. You can check out the finalists at www.austinartspace.com. Just go to News & Contact and click on June 2010. The accepted paintings are featured there along with all the art news. Here's the address if you're interested in doing some gallery hoppin' in Austin.
*********************************************************************************************
Austin Art Space Gallery & Studios
7739 Northcross Dr., Suite Q
Austin, TX 78757
*********************************************************************************************
PS: Just wanted to say THANKS for all your support this past weekend for my June Art-a-rama! It was great to see my friends and neighbors at my art event, and I appreciated your patronage. I hope to have another backyard art event in October so stay tuned for more info at a later date. Thanks again!!!
Lone Star Painter,
~~Cindy



No comments:

Post a Comment