Friday, April 27, 2012

Color My Spring, New Paintings for April 2012

New Song, Spring Fledgling
Soul Sky, Juried Painting at the SAAL Museum

 COLOR MY SPRING


    NEW PAINTINGS FOR APRIL 2012


         ~~Cindy Morawski~~

Mallard Duck at the Gardens

Fresh Air II



Spring in San Antonio
by Cindy Morawski


 Spring in San Antonio has been colorful and festive this year.  I have been especially drawn to the birds and wildflowers.  Seeing New Life everywhere has given me a new focus and a sense of joy.

The baby birds have been sounding off lately.  I can hear their chirping, feed me, feed me mantras.  Earlier, I noticed the empty eggshells first on the ground when I was putting out birdseed for them.  I also spied the bird parents frantically trying to feed their offspring.  And, lately, the fledglings seem to be all over the place.  I can hear them in our Mt. Laurel when I take Rusty, my dog, outside at night before bedtime for his last "potty-break."  

"Don't forget me, Mom!"  The young birds are still dependent on mom and dad to deliver several meals a day.  The dove kids get regurgitated seeds and the mockingbirds and jay babies get worms and all type of insects.  

When I visited the San Antonio Botanical Garden earlier this month, I met a mallard duck who was cruising close to the pond's shore by the homestead house.  The sun brought out the emerald sheen on his neck.  The ducks are fairly tame at the park because they get a lot of exposure to people everyday.  There were school children on holiday from school while I was visiting with the ducks.  They too were excited to see them so close-up.  One student got a little rambunctious by jumping up and down near the cedar stumps.  That's when Mr. Mallard turned and sped away, quacking and scolding loudly across the water.  

The wildflowers started out in all shades of blues, pinks, and purples in March.  Now, yellow flowers have sprung up.  Their bright golds and buttery yellows blanket the fields and meadows near my home.  Look for them when you're driving.  They're even along the highways and streets in and around the city.  Let the sunshine in . . .

I hope you are having a good spring!  Please look for me in my last two spring art shows in May for the season.  I'll list them below:

  1. First Friday on May 4th at La Villita and the SA River Art Gallery, from 3 to 9 p.m.
  2. Artastic! 2012, May 6th,  10:30 to 4, Temple Beth-El, 211 Belknap Place, San Antonio
One last thing, I just bought a new shipment of beautiful frames.  They are solid wood and vary in styles.   If you buy a painting, a new frame will be included for the spring season.  

Mother's Day is coming up in two weeks on May 13th.  If you need a gift or a card, I'm only an email or a phone call away.  Mockingbird Studio:  210.522.0706/ Email:  cski02@sbcglobal.net.

  




No comments:

Post a Comment