Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Viva Fiesta! RAL's Alamo Show~~April 2012

  VIVA FIESTA!  A Look at the RAL ART SHOW Photography by Cindy Morawski 
  


Arriving at Alamo Plaza by Trolley


Alamo Scene during Fiesta April 22, 2012



A Banner Day~~A Closer Look at the Exhibits


Street Scene near the Alamo


Emily Morgan Hotel overlooking the Alamo


Ready for the Show!


An Inside Scoop

by Cindy Morawski


Watching the Alamo Trolley pull up to the plaza, I wondered what this place looked and felt like in the past.  There have been a variety of vendors and merchants selling their art, souvenirs, food, and wares throughout San Antonio's history.  It made me realize that I was just one of many who have come to this place, the Alamo Plaza, to meet others and to exhibit and sell.  

Last weekend on Saturday, the weather started out clear and cool.  Perfect for my first day at the Fiesta Art Show!  Paul helped me set up my 10 x 10  E-Z -UP  and then I started to turn this ordinary pop-up tent into an art gallery.  I hung my paintings with their title and price labels and added some Fiesta decorations too.  My art card display rack stood on the left and my print rack to the right.  I felt like I was ready to go at 10:00 a.m.

With the festivities going on at the Alamo and throughout the city, the attendance looked good.  I met people from around the world.  A couple of guys from China offered to teach me some simple words in Chinese.   We exchanged a good laugh over that.  One was a student here and the other was a friend who was visiting.  I also enjoyed meeting a woman from Australia, a married couple from Switzerland, and a host of others from around the world and throughout the United States. 

After I sold a painting to a customer Saturday morning, the cannon sounded.  I told the visitor from California that that happened every time I made a sale.  They almost bought it until I started to giggle.  The historic re-enactments had started with a boom!  My sales exploded as well.  I had a good day with folks connecting to my art.  I waved good-bye to my new patrons and my creations when they left my booth.  My paintings started their own journey after they left my hands.  I wondered where they would be eventually hung.  A den?  An office?  Above a fireplace?

Fiesta comes once a year for 10 days of celebration.  I'm glad that I live in a city that is colorful, friendly, and takes time to be happy.  It's contagious!  I can feel a smile and a happy dance coming on.  Viva Fiesta~~San Antonio! 








No comments:

Post a Comment