Wednesday, October 16, 2013

2013 Postcards from Morawski Fine Art~~Demo Paintings

Big Sky Treasure, 16x20



Postcards from Morawski Fine Art
Demo Paintings
 
 
              Photo from 2013 Fall Home and Garden Show, Oct. 4th


    
One of my current roles as an artist is to work at the art galleries where my work is exhibited.  I also put in lots of time at art shows where I show and sell my artwork.  For example, during the first weekend of October, I was busy at the Alamodome in the 2013 Fall Home and Garden Show.  I had an art booth with the Texas Pastel Society.  Whether it's a gallery duty or art show, sometimes I do an art demo by creating a painting on site with a reference photo.  Big Sky Treasure, the above painting, was one that I worked on as a demo painting at the Alamodome Show.  It's fun to interact with the folks who stop by and watch.  I answer questions from my audience and explain some of my techniques. 
  





 





Color Splash in South Texas, 9x12


Another demo painting from my day at the Comfort Crockery, an art store and gallery where I exhibit my artwork.  The Crockery participated in the Hill Country Art Festival on September 21, 2013.  I found this landscape scene and inspiration near my home at a city park, OP Schnabel off Bandera Road.   The wild flowers and mesquite trees were my focus and a tribute to local color. 
 
 
 
 
Frio's Autumn Reflections, 11x14
 
  

One last postcard painting-- I painted this too as a demo at the
New Braunfels Art Gallery at the end of September.  I painted this scene using one of many reference photos I had.  I was located near the front window at the gallery when I did the demo.  This is a landscape from Garner State Park, located on the Frio River.
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment