Monday, September 16, 2013

Night Moves---ART Urbanscapes--Energy and Colors of the BIG City

Night Moves
9x12 Painting
Sept. 2013~~Cindy Morawski


 How the Night Moves

I started humming Bob Seger's music when I began my Night Moves painting recently.  It's one of my all-time favorite Seger songs.   Bob's lyrics rhyme moves with  lose and blues--for me, it all sums up the energy and passion of city nightlife.  I love the reflecting colors of the traffic lights, automobile tail and headlights, advertising neon signs, and more.  Here's the last verse of my tribute to Seger. 
 
 
I woke last night to the sound of thunder
How far off I sat and wondered
Started humming a song from 1962
Ain't it funny how the night moves
When you just don't seem to have as much to lose
Strange how the night moves
With autumn closing in.
 
----------Bob Seger, Last song verse to Night Moves
 
 
This past summer, I photographed several city scenes at night.  My painting is based upon those photos.  I tried to keep my art style loose and impressionistic.  I also wanted to give voice to the excitement of all those bright colors and the energetic movements of the traffic and people. 
 
"With autumn closing in" (Bob Seger), I'm also aware of seasonal changes and my focus on Fall Art Shows.  You're invited to my Fall Art Show and Reception through TAG at the Emily Morgan on E. Houston Street-- this Wednesday evening on September 18th, 2013.  Here's a postcard invitation:

 
Another September art event that's coming up soon is the Comfort Art Walk.  It's taking place this Saturday, September 21st, all day.  I'll be doing an art demo in front of the Comfort Crockery, 402 Seventh Street, where some of my art is currently on display.  I'll also have a trunk show available with extra art cards and prints.  Artists from the  Texas Pastel Society will also be represented in front of the old theater in downtown Comfort with art demos and artwork for sale.  Hope you'll join me and the Texas Pastel Society!
 
 
"I woke last night to the sound of thunder."  (Seger)  Well, for me, I heard the happy sound of thunder today when I watched the rain coming down.  I was eating lunch at the Emily Morgan Hotel's restaurant after my downtown art installation in the hotel's library.  The wind kicked up.  The trees were leaning sideways.  The rain came pouring down.  My friend Maria and I were glad we were inside-- looking out.  Safe in a comfy restaurant booth by a large window.  Happily, with the September rains, my yard is starting to look green again.  Now, if the autumn cooler weather can blow in, San Antonio will be all set!
 
 
Hope to SEE you in SEPTEMBER!  Happy Autumn 2013!  ~~Cindy
 
 
 

 *PS:  Two More of my Cityscape Paintings -- a closer look at E. Houston Street in downtown San Antonio.




         
Left:  Sunset on E. Houston
Right:  Night on E. Houston 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment