8x10 Pastel Painting
One of my favorite stops on my August trip to Ohio was Gervasi's Vineyard. My Cousin Nancy and her husband Dave, plus Paul and I lunched at the Bistro, an outdoor café along a beautiful lake near Akron. We hiked around to check out the landscape, and on our way back we walked through a small orchard with fruit trees, mostly apples and pears. I looked up at the shiny--red apples in their dark green foliage and knew I spotted perfection. I was also reminded of Sunday childhood walks with my mother and brother through neighborhood apple orchards in our farming community in Pennsylvania. October also wouldn't have been complete as a kid without some apple bobbing at Halloween. I can still remember those sweet, crisp red delicious apples from Dawson's Orchards. It was worth getting my head soaked in a cold tub of water while apple bobbing to get one of those pieces of fruit. More good apple memories! This Fall, I'm looking forward to visiting Medina, the apple capitol of the Texas Hill Country. They usually celebrate their harvest with an Apple Festival, complete with all things apple--pie, ice cream, apple butter, and more.
HAPPY LABOR DAY!!!
Need an art card for a birthday or other special event? I have created a variety of art cards featuring my original paintings. They cost $3.50 each, and you can save if you get 4 or more; they then only cost $2.50 each. Each card is signed and has the artwork's title. Of course, they come with envelopes too. I have cards available at my home studio, or I can ship them to you. Here's my contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org. And, here's my website: www.CindyMorawski.com. You can preview my paintings in my gallery link, and then decide which cards you'd like.
FALL ART Shows
- Texas Pastel Society's Art Show--Tobin Library--Sept. through Oct. 12
- TAG Art Shows at the Hotel Valencia and the Emily Morgan Hotels, downtown San Antonio, both shows run from mid-Sept. and last for 3 months . . . wine & cheese reception at the Emily Morgan, Sept. 18th, from 6 to 7:30 p.m. You're invited!
- Comfort ArtWalk in Comfort, TEXAS--Saturday, Sept. 21st--I'll be at the Comfort Crockery, 402 Seventh Street, with a Demo and Trunk Show. I also have an art exhibit in this gallery & art store.
- 27th Annual SA Fall Home and Garden Show--Oct. 4--6--at the Alamodome, look for my display with the Texas Pastel Society
- Tent Art Show, at my home/ studio, 8603 Waldon Hts., SA--Oct. 12, 9 to 2--Come visit and see what's new!
- Zion Arts Festival, November 2, 1604 and Braun Rd., 10 to 5
- 25th Annual Wolfson House Christmas Arts & Crafts Show, 415 Broadway, SA, Nov. 18 to 22, 10 to 6.