Friday, December 4, 2009

The Dance of the Northern Lights-- New Painting

The Dance of the Northern Lights
12x16 image
Pastel Painting by Cindy Morawski
December 2009
B-r-r-r-r-r!!! When I think of cold, I normally don't think of South Texas. But, believe it or not, we have a real Cold Front in our Alamo City, giving us near freezing temps and a forecast of snow this week. Let it Snow...Let it Snow...Let it Snow. The last real snow we've had when the city was immobilized because we had enough to make a snowman was back in '85. I remember that because I had two snowdays off from work! And, I did build a snowman in my front yard with the help of neighbors and friends.
When I think of COLD, I also think of the Northern Lights. That's why I chose that as a recent subject for painting. It had all my favorite elements: trees, sky, stars, and intense colors. Pastels lend themselves to great pigment values.
This landscape measures 12x16 unframed and is currently for sale. Please contact me if you're interested either in the original or a print. You're welcome to come by for a closer look in my home gallery at 8603 Waldon Heights, SA, TX 78254. Contact: 210-522-0706 or cski02@sbcglobal.net.
Stay warm! ---Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment