Thursday, February 11, 2010

On the Road Again, Depicting Travel with Three Landscape Paintings

~~Almost Home















~~Country Lane and Hiking the Hill Country, Landscape Paintings by Cindy Morawski
All Roads Lead to Painting for Me
"Take me home, country road, to the place I belong" . . . I remember listening over and over to those lyrics in John Denver's song one time on a past road trip. Robert Frost's poem, The Road Less Traveled, reminds me of journeys I have taken, but it also reminds me of ones that I'd like to take. When I painted Almost Home, I was reminded of commutes that seemed endless and exhausting. I couldn't wait to get home. I'd look for my exit and beam when I finally arrived! It also speaks of vacations by car that go for miles. The time away is mostly fun, but on the way back, you just want that long drive to be over with. For those of you who know me well, you are more than likely familiar with my love of hiking. Give me a country lane or trail with time to hike and explore, and you will find one happy woman! My paintings entitled Country Lane and Hiking the Hill Country represent that inner appreciation of nature and hiking.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In regard to the technical side of my art, here's some information that might interest you. These paintings were created on Art Spectrum sanded paper with pastels. Almost Home and Country Lane both measure 14 x 18 framed, and Hiking the Hill Country comes with a decorative gold frame and measures 9 x 12. They are available and for sale through my online and home galleries.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you'd like to see more of my art, please feel free to also check out my work at the Comfort Crockery at 402 Seventh Street in Comfort, Texas. It's an historic building that's been renovated into a beautiful gallery and shop that features fine art and useful original art. Plus, I'll also be a part of the Helotes Market Days on the first Saturday of March from 10 to 5 in booth #76 by the music tent. And, please don't forget, just call for an appointment (210.522.0706), and you can come by for refreshments and a gallery tour in my home at 8603 Waldon Hts. in San Antonio. I have original framed art, matted art prints, and art cards available for sale at affordable prices. If you mention seeing this online, I'll even give you a 20% discount.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope all your roads lead to good places! Happy Trails!!! ~~Cindy














No comments:

Post a Comment