Saturday, August 14, 2010

Celebrating August with New Paintings and an Art Fest

Reflections on the Maple Trail
Landscape of Lost Maples
************************************************************

Have you ever hiked Lost Maples Natural Area in Vanderpool, Texas? I went hiking there last fall and that's where I found this scene. I started out by hiking the Maple Trail. Not too far down the path, I found a footbridge with immense rocks on both sides. To the right, I spotted a long ridge of colorful trees. When I crossed the bridge, I noticed that below and to the right, water, boulders, and distant tree-lined hills marked the horizon. The bright sight of orange, red, and yellow hardwood trees dotted my view as well. Meanwhile, I couldn't help but also notice the sunlit reflections of the water displaying the blue sky and the shimmery images of the elephant-like rocks in the pond. It was an image that I photographed, and that stuck with me for months. I had photos of this landscape in my studio with the intention that I'd get around to painting it eventually. I have studied the photos off and on since last November. Last week, I took the plunge and started painting. I remembered the crisp, cool air and the pungent aura of decomposing leaves beneath my feet. I heard the laughter and chatter of my fellow hikers and the giddy sense of a holiday. It felt quite liberating! Now that the zenith of the summer heat is upon me, I am looking forward to October and the welcoming cooler temperatures. I'll emerge from my summer cocoon like a butterfly and journey into the World of Autumn.

Redwall Buttes of the Grand Canyon, my artwork selected by SAAC for this year's art festival ad poster.
*********************************************************************************************************
I would like to invite all of you to the New Braunfels HEIST ART FEST!! I'll be participating in the festival next Saturday, August 21, 2010, from 10 to 4. A variety of artists will be set up with paintings, prints, photography, art cards, and more to help celebrate art. The Schertz Area Artz Council and the 724 West Frame Shop are sponsoring it at the following location: 764 W. San Antonio Street, New Braunfels, Texas. Check out the website for more details or call the following number: www.764west.com or phone -- 830.629.0998.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope to see you soon!
~~~~~Cindy~~~~~~~






No comments:

Post a Comment