Saturday, October 15, 2011

A Place with a View~~Ghost Ranch, N.M.

Fall Photography of New Mexico

Ghost Ranch

October 2 - 8, 2011

Over the Rainbow at Ghost Ranch

Upward

Early Dinosaur Skull from Dig at Ghost Ranch


Modern Designs of New Mexico

Weaving~~Face from the Loom

Doll with Ornamental Weavings

Meditation Garden at Ghost Ranch

Waving Grasses by the Patio

Anyone Home?

Shelter from the Storm

 
Inspiration for Artist Georgia O'Keefe

Path to the Art Studio

City Slickers, the movie's cabin

Peace to all who enter

View of Chimney Rock

It took millions of years . . .

Pathways of Ghost Ranch

Sky Lights

Sunset of Gold

Light and Shadow

Autumn's Peeking Through

Looking UP
When I arrived at Ghost Ranch a week ago, I ended up with a sore neck.  I kept looking up.  Up at the skies, up at the cliff formations, up at distant mountains, up at the birds.  My head was in the clouds.  The wide-open spaces wrapped their arms around me and embraced my spirit.  I couldn't get enough of the cool mountain air.  No humidity.  Boy, did that feel good after coming from San Antonio. 

I took my camera everywhere with me.  It became a part of my hand.  Snap.  Snap.  I felt a sense of urgency.  I needed to record the beauty all around me.  Somehow it made it more believable.  I breathed in deeply.  The mountain elevation gave me a lightheaded sense of uncertainty.  I knew though that I'd get adjusted to it in a day or so. 

Presence.  Yes, I guess one could name my sense of wanting to be in the moment.  I didn't want to be anywhere but Ghost Ranch.  My travels became not only a destination, but the place rooted out a space in my heart. 

The photos represent a sampling of my experiences.  It was not possible to capture it all in just a week's time.  I'd recommend it as a place to visit.  A place to take classes.  A place to devour a wild slice of America's spicy Southwestern pie. 

Happy Viewing!
~~Cindy~~ 


No comments:

Post a Comment