Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Using Shades of Red in my February Paintings

Rio Chama
Soul Sky


Mr. Fox, Winter Traveler



Painting with Shades of Red in February

by Cindy Morawski



What's your favorite color?   I have always loved the color RED.  I remember pulling
 it from my Crayola crayon box in elementary school and using it over and over in my drawings and sketches.  It seemed to express excitement and adventure to me.  I still like to use it in my artwork.  In Rio Chama, a 16 x 20 landscape, the red soil and canyons of New Mexico depict a land of enchantment.  My 8 x 10 sunset entitled Soul Sky paints drama in the skyscape.  When you contrast it with complimentary colors such as blue or yellow, it pops and sizzles.  Mr. Fox, Winter Traveler, an 11 x 14 past work that I re-painted, puts the red fox in the spotlight against the cool winter landscape of light blues and mauve.  

Each painting is framed and ready to hang.  If you'd like more details, please see my website: www.CindyMorawski.com  or email me at  cski02@sbcglobal.net.  



1 comment:

  1. i love the soul sky, i am 16 and i find it extremely hard to paint, i am very good at sketching and drawring, how did you know you were good at paint?

    ReplyDelete