Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Raining Possibilities~~ Painting Sunflowers and a Sunrise

Sunflower Field of New Beginnings
by Cindy Morawski


Spring Rains, Painting, and Storms

I've celebrated spring of 2012 with flower paintings.  It's been ages since I painted sunflowers so I wanted this time to paint them with a sunrise and a colorful skyscape.   I photographed and sketched this sunflower scene in Castroville outside San Antonio. 

Today it rained almost all day where I live in San Antonio.  What a great day!  The crepe myrtles in our yard are blooming, and they have really perked up with the rain showers.  We have white, purple, and red blooms on our various crepe myrtles.  Last year, none of them bloomed because of the drought.  The other night it stormed, and the thunder woke me up.  Lightning flashed into the bedroom window and kept me awake.  I heard the storm, but no rain.  Later, the rain came too.  What a relief.  San Antonio recently moved into stage 2 of water restrictions.  I hope the rainfall this week will not only help out the aquifer, but that it will benefit the entire community.  

In my painting, Sunflower Field of New Beginnings, I'm pairing the cheerful sunflower with the freshness of the sunrise.  To me, they are metaphors for better days and new starts.  The optimism of both can lighten one's burden.   I wish I could start all my mornings with a colorful horizon and a field of flowers saluting me with their friendly charm.  Imagine that.  



www.CindyMorawski.com
cski02@sbcglobal.net
Mockingbird Studio, 210.522.0706





1 comment: