Monday, February 4, 2013

Remember the Alamo! Art Showcase at the Emily Morgan Hotel

Art Demo at the Emily Morgan Hotel.  I started at 5 pm and painted for about an hour and a half.  I also began with a presentation about my medium-- pastels. 

History came alive near the Alamo for the Emily Morgan's Grand Re-Opening on Jan. 31st.

I used a reference photo and painted a 16x20 pastel painting for my demo.  I wasn't finished with it at this point.

Remembering THE ALAMO with a Painting Demo
by Cindy Morawski
 
 
January 31, 2013, marked an exciting event for me.  I had the opportunity to do a painting demo at the Emily Morgan Hotel as part of their art showcase and grand re-opening.  I started at 5:00 and wound down around 6:30 p.m.  I appreciated my audience of friends, patrons, and fellow artists that night.  They were attentive and asked good questions.  They kept me on my toes!
 
South Texas History was part of the Emily Morgan's celebration.  There were period costumes, firing of cannons, fireworks, live music, and great food and drinks.  The hotel closed off Houston Street, giving guests room to roam.  There were lots of surprises.  It was a night to remember!
 



2 comments:

  1. What a great painting Cindy. Congrats.
    Charles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charles! Nice seeing you Saturday at the TX Pastel Society meeting.

      Delete