Saturday, August 1, 2009

Oh, what a night! ARTZ '09 Reception in Schertz, Texas

Stella (left)

Mime











Paul and Cindy


ArtZ '09 Hightlights


I'm the kind of person who never wins a door prize. What $$$ I spent in Vegas, stayed in Vegas. And speaking of Vegas, I can almost hear Sinatra reminding me of my lousy luck with his jazzy number, "Luck be a lady tonight!" Well, that all changed with a night out in Schertz, Texas.

Oh, what a night! The ARTZ'09 Reception held at the Schertz Civic Center on July 30, 2009 from 6 to 9 p.m., brought out the best of everything . . . beautiful setting, great entertainment, wine and cheese along with other delightful nibbles, and of course, lots of fellow artists. From the moment I walked in the door, I knew my luck had changed. From the mime with the moving dessert table to the echoes of soft guitar music, I was enchanted. Stella Marroquin, a talented artist and coordinator for the first ArtZ show in Schertz, helped make this all possible. In good company, I also mixed with fellow pastel artists from the Texas Pastel Society: Rita Kirkman, Cathy Geib, and Wanda Meadors. It was a night to savor and remember. A true cut above the ho-hum average. Thanks go out to the Schertz Area ArtZ Council as well. As Ed Sullivan use to say, "A mighty big show!" Indeed. Way to go!
--Cindy Morawski, Landscape Painter





























No comments:

Post a Comment