Wednesday, March 11, 2015

SPRING has SPRUNG . . . New Artwork for March 2015!

 

Spring showers bring more flowers . . .

 
 
Sunshine and Daisies, 5x7 landscape painting with a field of flowers

Dandelion Portrait, 8x10 flower painting in a gold oval frame

 

 New ART Birds for Spring 2015!


 

New Growth, Young Mockingbird, 5x7 bird painting



Little Bluebird, 5x7 bird portrait in a pewter oval frame

 

Winged and Human Portraits


Breakfast with a Monarch, 8x10 portrait painting of a butterfly


Sister Grimm, Searching for San Antonio's Past, 18x24 portrait painting

 
In early November, it was unusually cold.  In fact, it was almost freezing when I took part in a Ghost Tour in downtown San Antonio with Paul and my DayTripper friends.  Sister Grimm was waiting for us in her Victorian dress and accessories.  She was prepared to give us some goosebumps with her ghostly tales of San Antonio's past.  I figured I might get a double case of them.  From the cold and the scary stories of Sister Grimm, I had an above-average chance of getting lots of goosebumps.
 
Before we started, she asked if we had any questions.  "Are you going to be warm enough tonight?"  I asked her.  I had bought a new winter coat to withstand the cold.  She replied, "Oh, my goodness, yes.  I have my sweatsuit on under this dress."  Then, she cleared her throat and had a far-away look in her eye.  We were going to do some time-traveling.  Our first stop was the old and haunted Menger Hotel by Alamo Plaza. 
 
Our last stop for our tour through SA's historical and scary past took us to the San Fernando Cathedral on Main Plaza.  She motioned for us to follow her.  The group bunched up and then proceeded.  We ended up behind the old church.  Looking toward the doorway, she told us her final story.  Then, she looked up.  It looked as though she'd seen a ghost.  A distant light flooded down on her.  Her face glowed in the semi-darkness.  I looked around at the others.  Everyone was quiet.  I wanted to remember this moment.  I snapped a quick photo.  Three months later, I started on her portrait.  I kept thinking about all her stories while working in my studio.  She left an impression on me. 
 
 

    ART on DISPLAY


Bakery ART Show--Great Harvest Bread Co.-- at 2267 NW Military Drive in Castle Hills, North Central San Antonio

  • 15 paintings on display and for sale for the month of March
  • Art Demo and Reception with refreshments--Friday, March 27th,  9:00 a.m. till Noon 
  • Spring and Easter Art Cards and Art Matted Prints will be available and for sale
 
 
HAPPY SPRING!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment