Saturday, July 3, 2010

America, It's going to take a Revolution... Happy Birthday!



America,
It's going to take a Revolution!
Happy Birthday!!!
Love ya,
Cindy


Photos taken in the Washington, D.C. area by Cindy Morawski


*****************************************************************

While you're watching the holiday fireworks this 4th of July and eating your picnic's hot dogs, please take a second and think about how far we've come from our Revolutionary War beginnings. After touring our country's capital in Washington, D. C., a few years ago, I had an epiphany. Fireworks went off in my brain! I live in a country that allows me free movement and travel, free enterprise, and freedom to pursue happiness in about a million different ways. Gratitude washed over me. I was rooted to the spot. In this case, I was standing next to the Lincoln Memorial gazing up at my favorite president Abraham Lincoln. Lots of people have helped us accomplish this. Soldiers fighting to keep us free, government leaders making wise choices along the way, and private citizens doing ordinary and extraordinary things that have paved the way for an American such as me. I felt uplifted by the inspiration, toil, and sacrifices of millions of Americans before me.

********************************************************************************************* This year we wouldn't be celebrating the birth of our country in 2010 if it hadn't been for so many good people and positive events along the way. Living outside the country for three years in the eighties, I realized how very lucky I was. Traveling outside the United States in the past also made me appreciate America when I returned to this wonderful place. After spending a month one summer in the Middle East and then returning to the states and landing on American soil, I came off the plane and kissed the tarmac in front of my fellow passengers. I wasn't embarrassed. I didn't care what anyone thought. I was happy to be back in my country. My country. This is truly the land that I LOVE. God Bless the USA!!!!


***********************************************************************************************
Hope you all have a red, white, and blue celebration!

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!



















No comments:

Post a Comment